Sunday, November 23, 2014
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Can we just tell you how much we love Christmastime? It's such a fun time of year and just because you are a clean eater, doesn't mean you should miss out on any (and we said ANY) of the festive drinks available this time of year. Insert your favorite coffee chain here and let's whip up something that will take your taste buds straight through to December!
We have been cooking up some fancy treats with some amazing flavored liquid stevia, Sweet Drops from SweetLeaf. If you haven't had a chance to check them out, you definitely should! Their products are all natural, zero calorie and zero gylcemic response. Check out the flavors - Pumpkin Spice, Peppermint Mocha, Rootbeer - how could you go wrong!?!
Note: We aren't that big of fans of dairy, so we used unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. If you have a craving and don't have any on hand, organic cow's milk will work just as well.
Charged Peppermint Almond Hot Chocolate
2/3 c unsweetened almond milk, warm
1/3 c your favorite organic brewed coffee, warm (We love Marley Coffee. It's sustainability grown, ethically farmed, and artisan roasted.)
1 TBSP all-natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Warm almond milk, preferably on your stovetop to slightly warmer than desired temperature.
2. Prepare your favorite organic coffee as directed.
3. Mix all ingredients together.
4. Allow mixture to cool to desired temperature prior to drinking.
This is such a wonderful drink! It's so easy to make and will wow your guests (or your taste buds). You will forget all about that corner coffee shop and start enjoying treats that are as good for you as they taste!
Monday, November 17, 2014
No Bake Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Protein Bites. Now that sounds like a super long name, doesn't it? It might take you a few seconds to get the words out, but these little treats can be made super quickly and require absolutely NO baking! Look at all these benefits that these little bites of goodness pack:
- Lots of protein
- Keep you fuller, longer - slower digesting than normal "dessert-type" snacks because of the oats
- Healthy Fats
- Chocolate - that's a benefit, right!?!?
No Bake Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Protein Bites
1 c gluten-free quick cooking oats
1/4 c all-natural almond butter, heated
1/4 c almond milk, unsweetened
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/3 c Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
1. Prepare your almond butter by placing in a small glass dish and heating in the microwave until warm, approximately 1 minute. Note: You don't want to cook it, but if you store your almond butter in the refrigerator, you definitely want to remove the chill.
2. Combine the warmed almond butter with the remaining 3 ingredients listed above using a spoon. Be sure that the protein powder has been mixed thoroughly.
3. Fold the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks into the mixture using your spoon or a spatula.
4. Roll out bite-sized balls of "dough" and place on parchment paper in an airtight container.
5. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or freeze for approximately 20 minutes for "dough" to harden prior to eating.
Enjoy this protein-packed treat!
Sunday, November 16, 2014
You might have tried some of our other apple desserts (like our Apple Pie or Apple Pie Bites!) but you can never have too many delicious fall apple treats! Give this Healthy Apple Crisp a try! It can easily be made gluten-free as well!
Healthy Apple Crisp
2 organic apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp honey
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt coconut oil in microwave. Mix with honey.
3. Mix together apples, 1 Tbsp of oil/honey mixture, and 2 Tbsp of oat flour.
4. Place covered apples in the bottom of the pan.
5. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and spread on top of the apples.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Um... heck, yes! It was "Brinner" time at the Staples household a few nights ago because I was just simply too exhausted to make a real meal and we decided to take this recipe for a spin. Oh boy! We felt like we were eating cookies for dinner! Bryce actually screamed for more "cookies" at one point during our meal. It's not everyday, especially in our household, that you get Chocolate Chip Pancakes, and certainly not for dinner!
Eat these sparingly if you are trying to fit them into your macro ratios, but I certainly recommend that you try this gluten free goodness. Your kids will LOVE them and those cravings - they will be gone in an instant. Unless, of course, you start craving these pancakes.
Eat Clean, Paleo Chocolate Chip Pancakes
1 c organic, 2% milk OR 1 c almond milk OR 1 c coconut milk
1/4 c blanched almond flour or almond meal
1/2 c coconut flour
1/2 c arrowroot powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs, yolk and egg white
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp melted, unrefined coconut oil
2 tbsp raw honey
3 tbsp Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
Additional coconut oil or olive oil spray to prevent sticking in pan (optional)
1. Combine the first 8 ingredients using an electric mixer. Mix thoroughly.
2. Fold in chocolate chips using a spatula.
3. OPTIONAL: Spray or lightly coat pan with coconut or olive oil to prevent sticking.
4. Proceed as you would to cook pancakes.
Recipe Yield: Approximately 8, 5-6" pancakes
Hope you LOVE them as much as we did!
Monday, November 10, 2014
Do you get off track easily over the holiday season? Are you looking to get a head start on your new years resolutions? I am offering packages during the months of November and December. This will teach you how to make this a LIFESTYLE and not just another diet!
You will have 24/7 email access to me, daily and weekly challenges, an optional private Facebook group for support, workout plan, and much more! You will also receive a Shake and Bake recipe eBook!
There are different packages at different price points. This would be a great gift for yourself or even someone you care about!
Space is limited and fills up quickly. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.