This is my favorite recipe so far! I haven't had real cookie dough in a long time and I am the kind of person who prefers to eat the cookie dough instead of the cookie. I have had this recipe in the works for weeks now trying to perfect it. Let me know what you think!
Clean Eating Cookie Dough - Two Ways:
OPTION #1 (The original way):
Follow the listed ingredients and instructions to make your cookie dough in bite form. Yours will look like the picture below (picture circa 2012 ;-)).
Watch How to Make Our Clean Eating Cookie Dough OPTION #1 (33 seconds):
OPTION #2 (Cookie Dough in a cup):
Our Favorite Ingredients for Clean Eating Cookie Dough:
- We typically purchase bars of dark chocolate (70% or higher) and then use a meat tenderizer to crush the bar into chunks (place the desired amount from the bar into a Ziploc bag and then gently crush it with the meat tenderizer).
- You could also use dark chocolate morsels
- Use creamy peanut butter (or cashew butter) for this recipe. If your peanut butter does not contain salt you may need to add a dash to the batter. You can taste once it's mixed and see if salt is needed. If your nut butter contains salt you will likely not need any extra.
Try more of our drool-worthy chocolate desserts:
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Cookie Cake Mini Pies
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Four Ingredient Protein Pudding
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Add all ingredients to a blender or a food processor
- Blend until the ingredients are mixed together
- Place wax paper on a plate & add cookie dough
- This is the hard part >> Put them in the freezer for at least an hour. I have found that after 2 hours they taste the best!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American