Want a FREE Dessert & Treat eCookbook?
Seriously, I can't believe it has taken me this long to make Peanut Butter Banana Protein Bars! When I posted our very popular Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Loaf on Facebook, it hit me that I should make that recipe into protein bars. I actually didn't use the recipe itself though. I took our normal protein bar base recipe (similar to the recipe to the Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars) and just added banana and peanut butter. It was very easy and I probably ate too much of the batter. ;-)
Trust me, these will not disappoint!
Clean Eat Recipe: Peanut Butter Banana Protein Bars
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 packets (or scoops) of TLS vanilla protein powder *If you are interested in ordering this protein powder and would like a FREE Shake & Bake Recipe eBook, please email us first at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Tbsp nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites (or 3/4 cup liquid egg whites)
- 1/2 cup water unsweetened almond milk
- 8 oz berry flavored baby food
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash banana and set aside. Melt peanut butter, if needed, and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix wet ingredients together in a medium size bowl (including banana and peanut butter)
- Add the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl and mix together
- Spray 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray and add batter to the dish
- Bake for 25-28 minutes
You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
Yields 16 squares. We normally eat four squares as a snack/meal.
Macros (per square):
- Calories: 81
- Carbs: 10 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g