Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bars
This Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread has been a staple in our diet for years and years! It may seem like a lot when you look at the number of steps on the recipe but they are actually really easy to make!
You will totally feel like you are "cheating" because it is THAT GOOD. These are perfect for breakfast or as a morning snack before lunch (this is when I typically eat mine!).
This recipe is an adaptation of Jamie Eason's Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread.
A few things to consider when making these Cinnamon Protein Bars:
- We typically eat four at a time so this recipe makes four servings for us
- You must store these in the refrigerator as there are no preservatives so they will spoil if left out on the counter
- This recipe uses Xylitol which must be kept away from pets as it is toxic to them!
- Use a clean protein powder without unnecessary sugar and other ingredients. If you need help choosing, here's our review of clean protein powders
Try these additional protein bar recipes:
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- Apple Pie Protein Squares
- Banana Chip Protein Bars
- Protein Bar Recipe with FOUR Ingredients
- Pumpkin Protein Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Ferenheit
2. Mix the 1/3 cup Xylitol (keep Xylitol away from pets!) and 2 tsp cinnamon together in a small bowl & set aside
3. Mix the following ingredients together in a large bowl
- 1 1/2 cups of oat flour (use gluten-free oat flour if necessary)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of Stevia in the Raw
4. Mix the following ingredients together in a small bowl
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 oz baby food or unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
5. Add the mixture from step 3 into the mixture from step 4
6. Coat an 8X8 dish to prevent sticking and pour about 1/4 of the batter into the dish
7. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture (from step 2) onto the batter in the dish
8. Add the remaining batter to the pan & sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top
9. Draw a knife through the batter to marble
10. Bake for 24-28 min (I usually bake ours for 24 minutes because I like them gooier!) and let cool for at least 10 min
Once the protein bars have cooled, separate them into Ziploc bags or Saran Wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American