Don’t let the number of steps sway you from trying this recipe! It is amazing! You will totally feel like you are “cheating” because it is THAT GOOD! These are a delicious treat that are yummy for breakfast or a small snack when you are on the run!
Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup or 1 4 oz jar of applesauce baby food
- 1/4 cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional – but highly recommend)
- 1 1/2 cups of oat flour (substitute gluten free oat flour)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of Stevia in the Raw
- 1/3 cup Xylitol
- 2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the following ingredients together in a small bowl & set aside:
– 2 tsp cinnamon
3. Mix the following ingredients together in a large bowl:
– 2 scoops vanilla protein
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
4. Mix the following ingredients together in a small bowl:
– 2 egg whites
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/3 cup or 1 4 oz jar of applesauce baby food
– 1/4 cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional – but highly recommend)
5. Mix the ingredients from step 4 & step 3 together.
6. Pour a shallow layer of batter into the dish (about 1/4 of the batter).
7. Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture (from step 1).
8. Repeat with the remaining batter & add the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture on top.
9. Draw a knife through the batter to marble.
10. Bake for 24-28 min. Let cool for 10 min. Bread will be dense.
Makes 16 squares
Serving size = 2 bars
- Calories: 55
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbs: 8 g
- Protein: 5 g
He & She Tip: Once the protein bars have cooled, separate them into Ziploc bags or Saran Wrap so you can grab-and-go! You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.
*Recipe from BodyBuilding.com.