We actually don’t experiment with protein bars that much. We usually just stick with the same ones over and over again. I must admit though, I have to give Scott the credit on this one, it was his idea! We took the original chocolate protein bar recipe and made it even better. These are so good!
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 8 oz berry flavored baby food (or 3-4 oz of unsweetened applesauce + 2-3 oz of plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 oz water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 squares dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl (excluding dark chocolate)
- Mix wet ingredients together in a medium size bowl
- Add the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl and mix together
- Crush dark chocolate into small chunks and stir into batter
- Spray 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray and add batter to the dish
- Bake for 25-28 minutes
- You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
- Makes 16 squares. We normally eat 4 squares as a snack/meal.