Who said healthy eating had to be boring? These Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars are made with REAL chocolate chunks and are amazing.
We actually don’t experiment with protein bars that much. We usually just stick with the same ones over and over again. I must admit though, I have to give Scott the credit on this one, it was his idea! We took the original chocolate protein bar recipe and made it even better. These are so good!
Try this one with vegan protein powder, our favorite for this recipe is Vega Sport Plant-Based Protein (in chocolate). Or if you are up for trying another, here’s our review of Clean Plant-Based Protein Powders.
You must store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives.Print
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl (excluding dark chocolate)
- Mix wet ingredients together in a medium size bowl
- Add the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl and mix together
- Crush dark chocolate into small chunks and stir into batter
- Spray 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray and add batter to the dish
- Bake for 25-28 minutes
- You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
- Makes 16 squares. We normally eat 4 squares as a snack/meal.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American