These Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Bars look and taste like a cookie cake. You won’t believe that you are actually eating a protein bar that is building your muscles – it tastes like dessert!
Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
Who doesn’t love the ease of homemade protein bars? Especially, when they are made without added preservatives and extra sugars! We are so excited to share our original protein bar recipe with you today – you (and your kids) will make this one of your favorites on the weekly rotation.
Homemade Banana Chip Protein Bar Tips:
- Avoid unnecessary sugar, dyes, and flavors by choosing a clean protein powder. We’ve reviewed our favorite clean eating protein powders here.
- Store in the refrigerator since these protein bars do not have any preservatives!
- Use quality dark chocolate when making clean eating recipes that call for dark chocolate. A few of our favorites include Lindt Dark Chocolate, Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels (these are dairy-free and vegan), and Endangered Species Dark Chocolate.
Ready for something new? Try these protein bar recipes:
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- Chocolate Protein Bars
- Cinnamon Protein Bars
- Apple Pie Protein Squares
- Protein Bar Recipe with FOUR Ingredients
- Pumpkin Protein Bars
- 2 ripe medium bananas (think Banana Bread ripe)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup almond meal (we used Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (we used Let’s Do Organic Coconut Flour)
- 1/4 cup chopped (or chips) dark chocolate, 70% or greater
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients (except chocolate) in a large food processor to combine
- Spray a 9×9 baking pan with olive oil to prevent sticking
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the 9×9 baking pan. Be sure to even the batter with a spatula. Spread 1/2 of the chocolate on top of the layer.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 of the batter on top of the previous layer, sure to cover the chocolate. Spread the remaining chocolate across the top.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes
Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American