A Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe is a must for every home cook. This gluten-free version using coconut flour and ripe bananas is a delicious breakfast choice!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Hands down, this recipe rocks! Banana bread? Peanut Butter? Be still our beating hearts! This is such an easy recipe, you will want to make it all the time! Perhaps the hardest part is waiting the 45 minutes for it to bake!
Having easy and delicious gluten-free recipes seems impossible, but this recipe will totally change your mind! Substituting coconut flour makes it a wonderful healthier version of a classic recipe that fits into so many more diets.
Substitutes for Peanut Butter
I realize that many with a gluten allergy or sensitivity often also have peanut allergies. In that case, there are definitely options out there to add to this mix that is a bit different but still delicious. Of course, note that not all of these suggestions are the healthiest options, but if you are not concerned about sugar and fat, there are a few that kids especially would love. If you are celiac check to make sure the substitute you are using is gluten-free.
- Almond Butter – There are tons of brands with various flavors added or just straight almond butter
- SunButter – This peanut-free butter is often the most popular with kids as it has a very similar texture and flavor profile
- Cookie Butter – Biscoff spread is the most well known, but you may also find this in other brands. Try Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter (this is NOT gluten-free) or make your own Cookie Butter using this recipe.
- Hazelnut Spread – Yes, the chocolate and hazelnut blend most popular Nutella brand. Try Nutiva’s Organic Hazelnut Spread or Justin’s Hazelnut Butter for healthier options.
- WowButter – Made from soy nuts, this is a different protein-packed option that works well for those who are allergic to all nuts and seeds
- Tahini – While this may not seem great in a sweet recipe, it can be a substitute for peanut butter that some would try
Freezing Peanut Butter Banana Bread
One reason I love this recipe is that it can be so simple to make in multiple batches and freeze for future use at breakfast. Having a few loaves baked and on hand at all times is a lifesaver. Make sure to label and date your freezer container before putting away.
- Bake in cupcake liners in a muffin tin then cool and pop out for freezing in large Ziploc bags
- Bake as loaves and slice once cooled then wrap each slice individually before adding to the freezer bag.
How to Reheat Banana Bread with Peanut Butter
This is best served straight out of the oven with a bit of butter if you aren’t watching dairy or fat intake. Alternately, you can wrap well to prevent it from going stale, and serve at room temperature. If you choose to refrigerate it after it cools, you’ll most likely want to pop it into the toaster. A low setting on the toaster will give you a great bread for spreading butter or cream cheese across. The microwave for 20 seconds will heat through and keep moist.
If you have frozen the bread for future use, you will want to thaw overnight in the refrigerator to use the above heating methods. If straight from the freezer, it is best placed in the oven for 7-10 minutes to heat through. Alternately, you can wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for 60 seconds.
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes?
- Wild Blueberry Protein Banana Bread
- Clean Eating Food Prep Pancakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Mason Jar Overnight Oats
You’ll definitely need eggs to go with your breakfast: 😉
- How to make perfect scrambled eggs
- How to make the perfect omelet
- How to boil eggs – the ultimate guide!
- How to boil eggs in the oven
- How to boil eggs in the Instant Pot
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Bread uses your favorite ripened bananas and coconut flour alongside the creamy peanut butter for a delicious treat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Using a paper towel and a small amount of coconut oil, grease loaf pan. Place parchment paper in the loaf pan as well.
- Combine bananas and eggs into a stand mixer (or mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer) and mix for approximately 1 minute to combine and mash bananas.
- Add additional ingredients, mixing thoroughly to combine.
- Pour batter into loaf pan
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow loaf to cool 5 minutes prior to slicing and serving.
- The amount of time it takes to bake will vary based on your oven. Read the comments below for reader feedback!
- Gluten Free
- 5 SmartPoints per slice on WW FreeStyle Plan
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free, peanut butter