You’ve probably tried some of our other protein bar recipes (if not, you should!) but these Pumpkin Protein Bars are a great secret! These are a creation of Jamie Eason’s and they are perfect for that fall snack (or really anytime during the year!).
Makes 24 squares.
Macros (without walnuts) – 1 square
- Calories: 47
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbs: 8 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
Macros (with walnuts) – 1 square
- Calories: 63
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbs: 8 g
- Protein: 4 g
*Recipe from BodyBuilding.com.Print
- 1/2 cup Ideal Brown No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 4oz jar baby food applesauce
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 15 oz can of raw pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 X 13″ Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine the first 11 ingredients & mix well.
- Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts) & mix until incorporated.
- Spread batter into the Pyrex dish & bake for 30 min.
- We highly recommend using the walnuts – we like the little “crunch” it gives!
- You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
- Please note that Xylitol can be toxic to animals so keep this ingredient away from your pets.