Seriously, I can't believe it has taken me this long to make Peanut Butter Banana Protein Bars! When I posted our very popular Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Loaf on Facebook, it hit me that I should make that recipe into protein bars. I actually didn't use the recipe itself though. I took our normal protein bar base recipe (similar to the recipe to the Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars) and just added banana and peanut butter. It was very easy and I probably ate too much of the batter. 😉
Trust me, these will not disappoint!
You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives. These can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free oat flour.
More delicious protein bar recipes to try:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Bars (tastes like cookie cake!)
- Four Ingredient Protein Bars
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- Apple Pie Protein Squares
- Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
- Chocolate Protein Bars
- Lemon Protein Bars
- Pumpkin Protein Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash banana and set aside. Melt peanut butter, if needed, and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix wet ingredients together in a medium size bowl (including banana and peanut butter)
- Add the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl and mix together
- Spray 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray and add batter to the dish
- Bake for 25-28 minutes
- You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
- Makes 16 squares. We normally eat 4 squares as a snack/meal.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American