Before I started eating clean my favorite candy was Sour Patch Kids and if you are like me and crave that “sweet & sour” taste…try these protein bars!
adapted from Jamie Eason’s Lemon Protein Bar Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the following together in a large bowl:
- Oat Flour
- Vanilla Whey Protein
- Baking Soda
3. Mix the following together in a small bowl:
- Lemon Juice
- Egg Whites
- Stevia in the Raw
- Baby Food
4. Combine the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl & mix together.
5. Spray an 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray & add the batter to the dish.
6. Bake for 25 minutes in the oven.
- Jamie has suggested to take out half of the applesauce and add fat-free cottage cheese instead.
- Another variation is to use all quick oats instead of oat flour.
- Store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they do not have preservatives & will spoil if left out.