Lemon Protein Bars
adapted from Jamie Eason's Lemon Protein Bar Recipe
1 cup oat flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
5-6 oz lemon juice (I usually squeeze fresh lemons. You could use more or less depending on how "lemon-y" you want them.)
4 egg whites
1/3 cup Stevia in the Raw
8 oz applesauce baby food
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the following together in a large bowl:
- Oat Flour
- Vanilla Whey Protein
- Baking Soda
3. Mix the following together in a small bowl:
- Lemon Juice
- Egg Whites
- Stevia in the Raw
- Baby Food
4. Combine the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl & mix together.
5. Spray an 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray & add the batter to the dish.
6. Bake for 25 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares
Serving size = 2 bars
Fat: 1 g
Carbs: 10 g
Protein: 9 g
He & She Tip: Jamie Eason has suggested another variation of this recipe. She suggested to take out 1/2 the applesauce (baby food) & add fat free cottage cheese instead & also use all quick oats instead of oat flour.
Store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they do not have preservatives & will spoil if left out.
Have you tried these or the original recipe? Have you tried the variation she suggested? Which did you like best?
Don't forget to enter our GIVEAWAY. Click here for details! It ends at midnight EST TONIGHT!
*Recipe from BodyBuilding.com. You can find it here.