Before I started eating clean my favorite candy was Sour Patch Kids and if you are like me and crave that "sweet & sour" taste...try these protein bars!
Another variation is to use all quick oats instead of oat flour.
Store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they do not have preservatives & will spoil if left out.Print
adapted from Jamie Eason's Lemon Protein Bar Recipe
- 1 cup oat flour (substitute gluten-free oat flour)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5-6 oz lemon juice (I usually squeeze fresh lemons. You can use more or less depending on how "lemon-y" you want them.)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 8 oz applesauce baby food
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the following together in a large bowl:
- Oat Flour
- Vanilla Whey Protein
- Baking Soda
3. Mix the following together in a small bowl:
- Lemon Juice
- Egg Whites
- Stevia in the Raw
- Baby Food
4. Combine the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl & mix together.
5. Spray an 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray & add the batter to the dish.
6. Bake for 25 minutes in the oven.
Store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they do not have preservatives & will spoil if left out.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American