HOW TO BOIL CHICKEN
If you are looking for tender, juicy chicken try boiling it! We don't really like baked chicken because it can become dried out so for the last few years we have been grilling it or using the Instant Pot. However, an even easier way to prepare it is boiling it. We have been so amazed at how good it is boiled - it stays very juicy and is easier and quicker than using a skillet, baking, or grilling it.
HOW TO FLAVOR YOUR CHICKEN
- Use chicken broth for more flavor. If you are in a pinch, water will work but broth will kick the flavor up a few notches. Sometimes we do a mixture of broth and water.
- We love making ours with just minced garlic, sea salt, and pepper (we usually add 1 tsp of sea salt and pepper and 2 TBSP of minced garlic for 6 chicken breasts).
- Add any vegetables you have in your refrigerator. We've used carrots, celery, onions, etc.
HOW LONG TO BOIL CHICKEN
- In a large pot, cover all chicken with broth and/or water. Add your desired spices, seasonings, and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat
- Six chicken breasts usually take approximately 25-30 minutes and 8-15 minutes for three chicken breasts, depending on their size.
- Always check the temperature with a meat thermometer
- Do not overcook
HOW TO EAT BOILED CHICKEN
Since we typically just season our boiled chicken with garlic, sea salt, and pepper we can add additional seasonings once we eat it depending on what we are using it for. Boiled chicken is also very good with mustard.
We usually pair our boiled chicken with sweet potato (either our Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes or a Restaurant-Style Baked Sweet Potato). We also use this boiled chicken in some of our most popular recipes:
WATCH HOW EASY IT IS TO BOIL CHICKEN:
Use this guide on How to Boil Chicken to get tender, juicy chicken that can be eaten in many different ways and used in delicious recipes!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Organic Chicken Broth
- Spices, your choice (We use sea salt, black pepper, and minced garlic)
- Vegetables, your choice (You can omit the vegetables - they are just for extra flavor)
- Place chicken in a large pot and cover with chicken broth and water (I usually do a mixture of both). Be sure to cover all chicken. Add your desired spices (I usually add 2 Tbsp minced garlic for 6 chicken breasts and just sprinkle sea salt and pepper) and vegetables (I've used carrots, celery, onions, etc...clean out your fridge!).
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Allow chicken to cook until heated through (this usually takes 25-30 minutes for 6 chicken breasts and 8-15 minutes for 3 breasts, depending on the size). Always check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Shred chicken and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Boiled
- Cuisine: American