INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN
Not kidding here, it took us 16 months to take our Instant Pot out of the box. I was SO. SCARED. and I don’t know why. I was just certain that it was going to blow the roof off of our house. I actually made Scott try it first. He made some sort of chicken dish. After that, I started making our boiled eggs and quinoa in it each week.
And then that’s all I did.
Until last night when we made our weekly chili in it. SO FAST. What I normally leave in the crockpot for hours and hours took less than 40 minutes.
But this isn’t about chili, this is about chicken. I used to always make our chicken by boiling it on the stove. I even wrote about how to boil chicken here. I love it because it keeps the chicken juicy…we actually hate baked chicken because it’s always so dry! The Instant Pot did the same thing but in less time and hands-off (I only had to shred it, instead of monitor it the whole time to see when it started boiling, etc).
We have the 6 quart Instant Pot (it has over 22,000 customer reviews on Amazon with 4.5 stars!
HOW TO MAKE SHREDDED CHICKEN IN THE INSTANT POT
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Organic Chicken Broth (or water)
- Spices, your choice (We use sea salt, black pepper, and minced garlic)
- Add chicken to Instant Pot
- Add spices of your choice (we normally use sea salt, black pepper, and minced garlic)
- Cover with chicken broth or water
- Ensure that the vent is set to sealed and press the poultry button
- Once the chicken is finished, allow a natural release for 5-10 minutes
- Once cooled (5-10 minutes), shred chicken and enjoy!