Not kidding here, it took us 16 months to take our Instant Pot out of the box. I was SO. SCARED. and I don’t know why. I was just certain that it was going to blow the roof off of our house. I actually made Scott try it first. He made some sort of chicken dish. After that, I started making our boiled eggs and quinoa in it each week.
And then that’s all I did.
Until last night when we made our weekly chili in it. SO FAST. What I normally leave in the crockpot for hours and hours took less than 40 minutes.
But this isn’t about chili, this is about chicken. I used to always make our chicken by boiling it on the stove. I even wrote about how to boil chicken here. I love it because it keeps the chicken juicy…we actually hate baked chicken because it’s always so dry! The Instant Pot did the same thing but in less time and hands off (I only had to shred it, instead of monitor it the whole time to see when it started boiling, etc).
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Read more about our disclaimer here.
We have the 6 quart Instant Pot (it has over 22,000 customer reviews on Amazon with 4.5 stars!Print
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Organic Chicken Broth (or water)
- Spices, your choice (We use sea salt, black pepper, and minced garlic)
- Add chicken to Instant Pot
- Add spices of your choice (we normally use sea salt, black pepper, and minced garlic)
- Cover with chicken broth or water
- Ensure that the vent is set to sealed and press the poultry button
- Once the chicken is finished, allow a natural release for 5-10 minutes
- Once cooled (5-10 minutes), shred chicken and enjoy!