Here’s a little background: We’ve had our Instant Pot since July 12, 2016. I used it for the first time just a few weeks ago (October 2017). It was ordered from Amazon and it lived in three houses with us (our old house, our temporary house, and our new house) without ever making an appearance out of the box. For some reason, I was scared and just never took the time to learn how to use it. To be honest, Scott actually did the test and made our first dish in it! Since then we’ve made chicken (two different ways), rice, eggs, and oats.
We have the 6 quart Instant Pot (it has over 22,000 customer reviews on Amazon with 4.5 stars!
We will be sharing a lot more recipes but since I batch make eggs twice a week, I thought I would start with my favorite food, the hard-boiled egg. 😉
How to Make Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Place stainless steel steam rack in the pot (it came with mine!) and add eggs (I do 16 at a time because I eat four each day).
- Add 1 cup of water and close the lid.
- Press the manual button and enter a time of 5 minutes. Once the Instant Pot comes to pressure (usually takes about 5-10 minutes), it will cook for 5 minutes.
- After the timer has gone off switch from sealing to venting and set your own timer for 5 minutes.
- Once your time has gone off, open the pot. Place eggs in cold water and peel. I find that it is easier to peel the eggs while they are still warm.
This is similar to the way I make my boiled eggs in the oven. It’s a little bit quicker (about 5 minutes), they are a little easier to peel, and don’t seem to smell as bad!