Here is a quick snap-shot of my meals. This picture was taken a few months ago & my meals have changed a little bit but this gives you an idea of how much and what I eat. My meals also vary depending on my goals but I try to eat every 2-3 hours & always eat protein with each meal. (Not pictured are meals 6 & 7). This is what I have found works for me. I worked with a nutritionist to come up with my correct portions and I highly suggest that you consult a nutritionist because what works for me may not work for you. I also always try to eat whole foods when possible.
CLEAN EATING MEAL IDEAS
- Meal 1: Egg Whites(we boil ours using the Instant Pot or oven)/Ezekiel Bread or Oatmeal/Fruit
- Meal 2: Homemade Protein Bars OR Greek Yogurt (I add a little bit of Truvia, vanilla & walnuts)
- Meal 3: Salsa Chicken/Brown Rice, Black Beans, or Rice Cakes/Veggies
- Meal 4: Monster Meatloaf or Chicken Meatloaf Muffins/Brown Rice, Black Beans, or Rice Cakes/Veggies
- Meal 5 (post workout): Protein Shake/Fruit
- Meal 6: Protein Shake (not pictured)
Below is a picture of what my normal Sunday food prep looks like. In my opinion, food prep is the MOST IMPORTANT THING! Designate one day each week to prepare your food! You MUST be prepared with clean foods at ALL TIMES!
You may also be interested in these articles:
- Step-by-Step Guide to Meal Prep
- Clean Eating Meal Ideas
- 1,500 Calorie Meal Plan
- 1,800 Calorie Meal Plan
- Getting Started with Clean Eating