If you haven't made this Best Salsa Chicken recipe you need to do it today! I love this easy clean eating recipe since it cooks while I am busy working. Make this unique by using your favorite brand or homemade salsa.
Best Salsa Chicken Clean Eating Recipe
If you are looking for a super easy and flavorful recipe that cooks in your slow cooker while you are away at work, then our Salsa Chicken is the best option! I just adore a recipe that cooks while I do other things at home or with my family. Using a slow cooker is a perfect way to do this safely.
I love using the 6-quart programmable slow cooker option for most recipes. This salsa chicken can be cooked in any size slow cooker, depending on how much you wish to end up with. It is super easy to cut the recipe in half or even double for batch cooking and meal preparation.
Serving Ideas for Salsa Chicken
One of the best parts of this recipe is just how versatile it is in your everyday menu. Since it can be used in many ways, that means you can do one big meal prep on the weekend that spreads out over multiple meals. This is ideal for saving you money, and for saving time.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice
- Serve with beans, rice, lettuce, tomato, and sour cream for a "burrito bowl"
- Add to a wrap with veggies and cheese
- Add to any soup for an added protein that is low in calories
- Eat by itself with a drizzle of ranch dressing or guacamole
Tips for Better Salsa Chicken
Yes, this recipe is as easy it gets to make. However, you may want to give it a bit of extra something for flavor or texture. Below are some of my tips for when I make this salsa chicken recipe.
- Choose a unique salsa like a green chile blend or one that features mango or pineapple for a different flavor profile
- Add in diced jalapeno or green chile for extra heat
- Mix in 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin for a richer flavor profile
- When this is finished cooking, use your hand mixer to shred the chicken faster
- When making large batches, portion into 1 cup storage containers for easy heat and go meals on busy days
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Since I know you will love using your slow cooker for our salsa chicken recipe, I wanted to share even more great recipes. Check out the ideas and recipes below to make your menu easy this week!
- Crockpot Jambalaya
- Chicken and Kale Soup
- Slow Cooker Pecan Pie Oatmeal
- Low Carb Crockpot Chicken Chili
Make our delicious Best Ever Salsa Chicken recipe as a perfect meal option for busy days.
- Place chicken in crockpot and all remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for at least 7 hours.
- After 7 hours, shred the chicken in the crockpot and let it cool before placing it in a container.
- Zero SmartPoints on the WW FreeStyle Plan
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Paleo (when using salsa with no added sugar)
- Low Carb
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: salsa chicken, crockpot salsa chicken, slow cooker salsa chicken