Looking for an easy, low carb recipe the whole family will love? Try this low carb Monster Meatloaf.
LOW CARB MONSTER MEATLOAF
Don’t stop reading just because you don’t like traditional meatloaf! We make this almost every week and we don’t even like traditional meatloaf! This recipe is perfect for meal prep and taste great leftover even days later.
You’ll notice ketchup listed in the ingredients. Try to find a ketchup with lower sugar, no high fructose corn syrup, and preferability organic ingredients. We like the Whole Foods brand (365), Trader Joes brand, and Heinz has a Simply Heinz Ketchup version out with no artificial sweeteners. You will need 1/4-1/2 cup of ketchup for this recipe, just enough to cover the entire meatloaf.
*This recipe was adapted from Jamie Eason’s Monster Meatloaf.
MORE TURKEY RECIPES:
- Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
- Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- Turkey Black Bean Chili
- Homemade Italian Turkey Burgers
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
This low carb meatloaf recipe is perfect for you weekly meal prep!
- 3 lbs extra lean ground turkey (or ground chicken breast)
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (substitute gluten-free quick cooking oats)
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup ketchup (just enough to cover the meatloaf)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees & spray a 9X13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray
- In a large pan, sauté the onions & peppers with salt, pepper, & thyme until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Add garlic, liquid aminos, chicken broth, & 1 TBSP ketchup (or tomato paste), mixing until heated through
- Set mixture aside to cool
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey (or chicken), egg whites, oats, & sautéed mixture (cooled)
- Mix by hand until all incorporated & press flat into the 9X13 Pyrex dish
- Spread ketchup in an even layer on top of the prepared turkey (or chicken)
- Place in the oven to bake for 1 hour to an hour & 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This quickly became a family favorite! I’ve made it twice now in a month!