Chicken salad has always been a spring and summer food to me. Even though I don’t like mayonnaise, miracle whip, or anything similar…I’ve always loved chicken salad. This was my first attempt to make a clean chicken salad and I’m proud to say that IT IS AMAZING! Everyone in my family loved it – even those who don’t care about healthy eating!
- Boil your chicken breasts until cooked through. This is a very important step. I boiled ours as listed here with organic chicken broth, minced garlic, sea salt, and pepper. It is very important to not over-cook your chicken! Boiling instead of baking the chicken for the recipe makes a huge difference!
- Dice celery and onion. Place aside. You could also half or quarter your grapes.
- Let chicken cool to room temperature. Once cooled, shred (I just used my hands) or cut into pieces.
- Combine Greek yogurt and unsweetened almond milk using a whisk.
- Add chicken to a large bowl and cover with Greek yogurt/almond milk mixture. Stir.
- Add grapes, sea salt, black pepper, and onion powder (optional). Stir.
- Garnish with pecans or walnuts (optional, this will add healthy fats).
- Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes before serving.
- The longer this stays in the fridge the better it is! It is really good the next day
- The nutrition facts below do not include any walnuts or pecans