This Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad is absolutely delicious and is the perfect light and healthy meal. The addition of avocado takes the creaminess of this recipe to the next level.
Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe
WOAH! This recipe is AMAZING. We love our original Clean Eating Chicken Salad recipe but have been wanting to change it up a bit. We had a lot of ripe avocados (and you know how that goes – use it or lose it!) so we whipped together this masterpiece. It’s light and delicious and the perfect way to welcome warmer weather but I have a feeling we will be eating this one year round!
Easy Ways to Make Chicken Ready for Chicken Salad
This Avocado Chicken Salad recipe involves shredded chicken. We usually boil ours but you could also cook it in a pressure cooker, slow cooker, or even use a rotisserie chicken (if you are short on time!). Once your chicken is cooked you can shred it by hand or use a hand or stand mixer to shred cooked chicken in no time (remove it from the liquid before attempting!).
How to Serve Avocado Chicken Salad
This chicken salad is delicious plain or added to the top of fresh greens. To make it a more substantial meal, top it on a piece of sprouted bread or whole grain crackers.
More Great Salad Recipes
Don’t miss out on our other great salad recipes below.
- Spinach Salad with Tangy Vinegar Dressing
- Grape Salad Recipe
- Three Bean Salad
- PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps (these are lettuce wraps but we actually tend to eat the chicken on top of a salad instead of lettuce wraps)
- Healthy Egg Salad
- Healthy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (boiled and chopped)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp avocado mayo
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- cilantro, optional
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Prepare your chicken and shred or dice into small pieces (we prefer to boil ours)
- Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to boil the chicken. We season ours with organic chicken broth, minced garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Boiling instead of baking the chicken for this recipe is important.
- Chop and dice red onion and jalapeno
- Combine all ingredients (excluding chicken and cilantro) in a mixing bowl
- Add chicken and cilantro, stir to combine
- Ensure chicken is coated (add more Greek yogurt and/or avocado mayo as necessary)
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American