I am still amazed at how good this was. Last Easter I made chicken salad and this Easter I made grape salad. I wasn’t too sure about either one but both turned out AMAZING and will definitely become favorites in your family too! For this recipe, I took a recipe that my sister-in-law gave me and “cleaned it up”. No one could even taste the difference and my head is spinning thinking about everything I can make now that I know how to get a cream cheese consistency.
This is a perfect recipe for potlucks, cookouts, and showers…or really just anytime! When planning this, keep in mind that you do need to let the Greek yogurt drain overnight.
- 4 lbs organic red grapes
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 12 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz coconut cream (skimmed off the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (we used Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw
- Use a cheesecloth to drain the Greek yogurt overnight. This will give it more of a cream cheese consistency.
- Once the Greek yogurt is drained, combine it with the coconut cream and mix well.
- Add in pecans, vanilla, and sugars. Stir until combined.
- Wash grapes and add to mixture. Stir until grapes are coated.