This Grape Salad Recipe is so simple and easy to make! With just a few ingredients and the perfect combination of creamy and crunchy texture, it is ideal as a side dish all year long. Use red grapes as I did, or test out green grapes to see if you prefer that flavor profile.
Grape Salad Recipe
I am still amazed at how good this was. Last Easter I made chicken salad and this Easter I made this grape salad. I wasn’t too sure about either one but both turned out AMAZING and will definitely become favorites in your family too! For this recipe, I took a recipe that my sister-in-law gave me and “cleaned it up”. No one could even taste the difference and my head is spinning thinking about everything I can make now that I know how to get a cream cheese consistency.
This is a perfect recipe for potlucks, cookouts, and showers, or really just anytime! When planning this, keep in mind that it is best to let the Greek yogurt drain for at least a few hours.
Tips for the Best Grape Salad
When you grab the ingredients for this grape salad, make sure to go ahead and put your grapes in the refrigerator. Chilled grapes will mix well with the dressing and make it easy to mix up right before serving. Another recommendation is to wash your grapes when you bring them home from the grocery store and remove them from the stems. This makes it super simple to throw together at the last minute. I use a colander and after removing the grapes from the stems, toss them in it to wash well before refrigerating. Sometimes, I even leave clean grapes in a colander on the top shelf of the refrigerator for easy snacking throughout the day.
How to Pick the Best Grapes
You can use red, black, or green grapes in this grape salad recipe. Red and black are my favorites because they tend to be sweeter naturally, but sometimes you find delicious green grapes. Below are some times for picking the best grapes at the grocery store.
- Pick mostly red with little green when choosing red grapes as this shows peak ripeness and flavor
- Black grapes should have a very dark color for the best sweetness.
- Green grapes should be very firm and attached to the stems
- Skip grapes that are mushy, overly wet, or appear to have mold on any in the bunch
More Delicious Salad Ideas
This sweet and delicious grape salad is sure to be a favorite for your family. Sometimes, though, we need a little something different or savory. Salads are a perfect addition to any meal. You can make them all vegetable, all fruit, with or without grains, and add your favorite proteins. They are an ideal side dish, but even better as a stand-alone meal. Below are links to a few of my other favorite recipes for salads that serve well as side dishes.
- Clean Eating Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Tangy Vinegar Dressing
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Spicy Citrus Quinoa Salad
- Three Bean Salad Recipe
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Cucumber Onion Salad
This was originally published on April 26, 2015, and updated April 14, 2019.
This Grape Salad Recipe is so simple and easy to make! With just a few ingredients and the perfect combination of creamy and crunchy texture, it is ideal as a side dish all year long.
- 4 lbs organic red grapes
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 12 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz coconut cream (skimmed off the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (we used Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw
- Use a cheesecloth to drain the Greek yogurt for at least a few hours (or overnight). This will give it more of a cream cheese consistency.
- Once the Greek yogurt is drained, combine it with the coconut cream and mix well.
- Add in pecans, vanilla, and sugars. Stir until combined.
- Wash grapes and add to mixture. Stir until grapes are coated.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: summer, easy