This Simple Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad with Tangy Dressing is going to become a favorite to serve at your home this summer. As soon as strawberries come in season, I run to grab some and make this for lunch. Spinach, strawberries, and walnuts build the salad, but the apple cider vinegar based dressing is the star of the show. It is a great side dish to almost any meal but can be amped up with just a bit of lean protein for a full meal.
Simple Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad with Tangy Dressing
The perfect summer salad isn’t complete without one of the most popular summer fruits, strawberries! This is a favorite salad of ours as a side dish at barbeques or family outings. I adore using fresh produce, and if you have a garden or your family does, fresh spinach and even homegrown strawberries make this even better.
Ways to Serve Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad
Like I mentioned before, this is a great option for both a side salad or a full meal. It’s quick and easy and since spinach is loaded with vitamins (Vitamins K, A, C, E and B), you can’t really go wrong! Below are some of the easiest ways to add this to your meal plan.
- Pour 2 tablespoons dressing into the bottom of a mason jar. Layer with spinach, strawberries, walnuts, and grilled chicken using our orange chicken marinade. Seal with lid and store for up to 5 days in the refrigerator to then open, and pour out onto a plate for a fast and ready lunch.
- Serve as a side salad with any grilled meat: chicken, pork chops, tuna, salmon, shrimp, steak
- Add to a wrap alongside your favorite lean protein or turkey luncheon meat
- Mix in yellow bell pepper slices and cucumbers for a bigger salad with complimenting flavors
Tips for Making Tangy Vinegar Dressing at Home
Making a homemade salad dressing sometimes feels tricky. This simple but delicious vinegar based dressing is super easy to make for any salad, but especially this strawberry spinach salad. The key to a great dressing is to make sure all ingredients are combined well before serving.
- Use a salad dressing shaker to get a fast and easy blend
- Mix with a whisk (mini whisks are great for this!) in a large bowl for 2-3 minutes or until everything has had time to thoroughly combine
- Use fresh garlic when possible, or roasted garlic for a richer flavor
- Feel free to omit or add salt to suit your dietary preferences and tastebuds
More Great Salad Recipes
If you are like me, summertime screams salads every day. Whether it is for a light lunch or a cool and refreshing dinner at the end of the day, I love the freshness of a salad. Below are some of the best salads and salad options that you can make for clean healthy meals.
- Clean Eating Chicken Salad
- Grape Salad Recipe
- Three Bean Salad
- PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Healthy Egg Salad
- Healthy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Do you have a favorite go-to summer salad?
This was originally published on May 29, 2014, and updated June 16, 2019.
Spinach Salad with Tangy Vinegar Dressing
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
This simple spinach summer salad can be eaten as a side or throw a grilled chicken breast on top or some tuna and you have a meal!
- Six cups of Organic Spinach
- 3/4 cup of Strawberries (diced)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped).
Tangy Vinegar Dressing:
- 3/4 cup Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bottle or jar with a lid.
- Shake or stir vigorously to combine.
This makes more dressing than is needed for the salad. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: summer, easy
Leave a Reply