This is, by far, The Best Cheeseburger Recipe You’ll Ever Make. Grass-fed beef or bison, along with a simple spice blend and a secret ingredient to hold things together will make this recipe one you whip up time and time again. Tons of flavor and an easy preparation have made this cheeseburger recipe a favorite.
The Best Cheeseburger Recipe You’ll Ever Make
This is THE BEST Simple Cheeseburger recipe! We make them almost weekly. We’ve used bison and beef, they are both delicious! The secret ingredient in this recipe shocks everyone. Making these on a regular basis has become the norm for us, and I am sure it will be for you as well.
How to cook perfect cheeseburgers every time
I have always been afraid of cooking burgers. I would either get them so done that they would crumble and be too dry to eat, or they would be a bit too raw in the center and nobody wanted them. Not only is this recipe one that is great for flavor, I am including some of my top tips for making cheeseburgers.
- Buy quality meat. Whether you use beef, bison, turkey, pork, or chicken doesn’t matter as much as the quality of the product. A good mix of fat will help it be juicier, but too much can make it taste bad. Ask your butcher to grind the meat freshly for you for the best results.
- Season the meat and mix together before forming the patty
- When forming the patty, make an indentation in the center of the burger. This helps it keep its shape while cooking
- Resist pressing down on the burger with your spatula. This releases juices and can result in a dry burger
- Cook over medium heat and leave them alone. Don’t flip them constantly.
- Use a meat thermometer to determine the level of doneness you prefer. Not all people enjoy a well-done hamburger.
How to serve your cheeseburger
Hamburgers and cheeseburger recipes get a bad reputation for being unhealthy. While you may not want to eat one every day of the week, they are actually not as bad for you as you think. Using the quality meat, and making your patties a reasonable size makes a huge difference. What you top them with, as well as what you serve alongside them can be the real culprit in making them unhealthy.
- Use whole grain buns or no bun at all for your burger
- Top with tons of fresh veggies like lettuce, tomato, onions, spinach, and mushrooms
- Try different cheeses to find one with more robust flavor. Pepper jack or sharp cheddar pack flavor in smaller packages
- Skip the mayo. Instead spread a softened avocado on the bun for creaminess and flavor.
- Salt and pepper on your vegetables will add more flavor.
- Serve with side salads or fresh raw vegetables on the side
- Airfry or bake French fries if desired
- Make zucchini or sweet potato fries instead of traditional fries
More Great Burger Recipes
Want a different type of burger for your next get together? Make sure to bookmark our other popular options listed below.
- Italian Seasoned Homemade Turkey Burgers
- Easy Avocado Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- Avocado Arugula Chicken Burgers
This was originally published on June 3, 2013, and updated June 18, 2019.
This is, by far, The Best Cheeseburger Recipe You’ll Ever Make. Tons of flavor and an easy preparation have made this cheeseburger recipe a favorite.
- 1 lb grass-fed beef or bison
- 2 Tbsp quick cooking oats (Substitute gluten-free quick cooking oats)
- 1/2 tsp steak seasoning blend
- 4 sprouted grain hamburger buns, we use Food For Life brand (Ezekiel)
- 4 slices of cheese
- Place oats in a plastic bag & grind to a fine consistency with a rolling pin
- Combine beef/bison, oats, & steak seasoning in a large bowl & mix lightly
- Form meat into 4 1/2″ patties
- Place patties on grill & grill for 11 to 13 minutes, turning occasionally until done
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American