Who doesn't love the ease of homemade protein bars? Especially, when they are made without added preservatives and extra sugars! We are so excited to share our original protein bar recipe with you today - you (and your kids) will make this one of your favorites on the weekly rotation!
These bars look and taste like cookie cake! You won't believe that you are actually eating a protein bar that is building your muscles - it tastes like dessert! Here's the recipe:
Clean Eat Recipe: Banana Chip Protein Bars
- 2 ripe medium bananas (think Banana Bread ripe)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 1/4 c almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 c natural almond butter, unsweetened
- 1/3 c applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 c almond meal (we used Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour)
- 1/3 c coconut flour (we used Let's Do Organic Coconut Flour)
- 1/4 c chopped (or chips) dark chocolate, 70% or greater
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients (except chocolate) in a large food processor to combine.
3. Spray a 9x9 baking pan with olive oil to prevent sticking.
4. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the 9x9 baking pan. Be sure to even the batter with a spatula. Spread 1/2 of the chocolate on top of the layer.
5. Pour the remaining 1/2 of the batter on top of the previous layer, sure to cover the chocolate. Spread the remaining chocolate across the top.
6. Bake approximately 35 minutes.
Recipe should yield 4 to 8 bars depending on your personal caloric needs.