This Wall Sit Challenge is the perfect core strengthening challenge! It works on your thighs, butt, tummy, and more! This is a perfect fast and easy daily routine that you can incorporate every morning. You’ll grow in strength in no time, and love the results at the end of the month.
31-Day Wall Sit Challenge
I don’t know about you but I love wall sits. In the past, I have incorporated them as active rests in a lot of my workout. For the last few months, I had skipped them but missed out on the strength and rest they gave. So I started adding them back and decided that everyone should love them as much as I do.
These are great for a break during your workout, while still doing something that builds your strength. I love that these feel like I am just resting, but really I am focusing on core and leg strength. They aren’t easy for everyone starting out, but once you begin, they will really become a favorite addition to your daily workouts.
Who is This Challenge Good For?
This challenge was designed to be something that you do in addition to your normal workout (which is hopefully one of our workout plans!). We have 4, 6, and 12-week workout plans for all fitness levels!
These are excellent for helping you to sculpt the muscles of your butt, thighs, calves, and lower abs. The endurance you build will help to create stronger muscles and help you to lose stubborn belly fat. While it’s not a miracle exercise, it is a wonderful start to your fitness routine and helps build stronger core muscles.
If you are advanced and this is too easy for you, you can double or triple each day. For those who find this is too difficult, you can cut the time down and work your way up. This challenge is totally customizable based on your fitness level.
What is a Wall Sit?
Confused about what a wall sit is? It is exactly as it sounds and here’s how to do it:
- Stand with your back flat against a wall.
- Walk your feet out so that when you sit down your legs are bent at a 90-degree angle. Your feet will likely be about two feet in front of you and about 6-8″ apart.
- Slide your back down the wall to sit in your invisible chair. This is where your legs should be at a 90-degree angle. Your knees should be straight above your ankles.
- Place your feet flat on the ground and your back and shoulders flat against the wall. Hold your stomach in the entire time you are in the wall sit position.
- Stay in this position for the desired time.
More Fitness Challenge Ideas
If you want to include more easy and simple challenges each day, make sure to check out our other fitness challenge options. We have something for every region of your body to help incorporate strength and endurance into your daily cardio routine.
- 28 Day Plank Challenge
- 30-Day Ab Challenge
- One Month Squat Challenge
- 30-Day Walking Challenge
- Simple 30-Day HIIT Challenge