I don’t know about you but I love wall sits. I used to incorporate them as active rests in a lot of my workouts but over the last few months, I wasn’t doing them. I started adding them back and decided the everyone should love them as much as I do. 😉
This challenge was designed to be something that you do in addition to your normal workout (which is hopefully one of our workout plans!). We have 4, 6, and 12-week workout plans for all fitness levels!
Confused about what a wall sit is? It is exactly as it sounds and here’s how to do it:
- Stand with your back flat against a wall.
- Walk your feet out so that when you sit down your legs are bent at a 90-degree angle. Your feet will likely be about two feet in front of you and about 6-8″ apart.
- Slide your back down the wall to sit in your invisible chair. This is where your legs should be at a 90-degree angle. Your knees should be straight above your ankles.
- Your feet should be flat on the ground, and your back and shoulders should be flat against the wall. Hold your stomach in the entire time you are in the wall sit position.
- Stay in this position for the desired time.
If you are advanced and this is too easy for you, you can double or triple each day. If this is too difficult, cut the time down and work your way up. This challenge is totally customizable based on your fitness level.