The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is the perfect piece of equipment for your home gym. With over 30 strength exercises it helps work the abs, arms, chest, back, shoulders, and lower body.
BOWFLEX PR1000 HOME GYM WORKOUTS
The Bowflex PR1000 is a great space-saving machine that still gives an awesome total body workout. It has a built-in rowing station and up to 210 pounds of Power Rod resistance (two 5 pound rods, four 10 pound rods, two 30 pound rods, and two 50 pound rods). You can do over 30 strength training exercises on this one machine.
We were able to snag one of these back in March before they sold out. If you are also one of the lucky owners of this machine or you are able to get one when they are back in stock, try this workout that we’ve put together for you.
P.S. You can keep checking stock on the Bowflex website and also on Amazon (they have it listed as the Bowflex Home Series).
HOW TO USE THIS WORKOUT
Each exercise is listed along with the number of sets and the number of repetitions (for example 2 x 12 means 2 sets and 12 repetitions). We have also included a video of each workout for you to get an idea of what the workout will look like.
We will typically use this Bowflex workout four days a week (there are four separate workouts listed) but if you are short on time you can combine two of the workouts, for example, do the chest and triceps and shoulders and abs workout on the same day.
Consult your owners manual before attempting to do any of these workouts. The manual will explain how to change the power rods and also describe the machine set up for each exercise available for the Bowflex PR1000.
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6, and 12-week workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
BACK & BICEPS WORKOUT
- High Rows (overhand) 2 x 12
- Low Rows (underhand) 2 x 12
- Overhand Lateral Pulldowns 2 x 12
- Underhand Lateral Pulldowns 2 x 12
- Crossover Lateral Pulldowns (targeting upper back) 2 x 12
- Straight Arm Pushdowns (targeting lower lats) 2 x 12
- Low Preacher Curls 2 x 12
- High Preacher Curls 2 x 12
- Standing Isolation Curls (heavier resistance) 3 x 8
- Scapular Retraction (light resistance) 3 x 20
CHEST & TRICEPS
- Incline Chest Press 3 x 12
- Incline Flyes (with rotation at the bottom of the rep) 3 x 15
- Underhand Flyes 3 x 15
- Standing Dips 3 x 12
- Underhand & Overhand Tricep Extension 3 x 15
SHOULDERS & ABS
- Shoulder Press 3 x 12
- Front Delt Raises 3 x 12
- Lateral Delt Raises (per arm) 2 x 15
- Shrugs 3 x 15
- Crunches (front ab crunch + left & right oblique crunches) 2 x 12
LEGS & CORE
- Leg Press to Calf Raise (heavy resistance) 3 x 8
- Standing Donkey Kicks (medium resistance, per leg) 2 x 12
- Calf Raises 2 x 20
- Leg Extensions 3 x 15
- Back Extensions 2 x 25
- Crunches (front ab crunch + left & right oblique crunches) 2 x 15
ADDITIONAL AT-HOME WORKOUTS
- The 100 Workout – with video!
- Core Countdown Ab Workout Circuit
- 10-Minute Cardio Circuit
- At-Home Heart Rate Blaster
- Full-Body Tabata Workout
- At-Home Full Body Workout
- 32-Minute Full-Body Tabata Workout
- Fat Burn Tabata
- Full Body Burn 32-Minute Tabata Workout
- Bodyweight Tabata Workout
- Tabata Burn Workout