It looks like a big batch of sugar-laden brownies, doesn't it? Well, you should know by now that we do not eat brownies...these are Jamie Eason's Chocolate Protein Bars! Try them, they are delicious! Store bought protein bars are usually loaded with sugar and other added artificial ingredients. Try making your own so that you have something clean to grab when you are running short on time! You can read more about when we eat these protein bars in the post about our daily food.
1 cup oat flour
4 egg whites
2 scoops of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (Choose a clean protein powder! We use MRM 100% All Natural Whey.)
1/3 cup (or less) Stevia in the Raw
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz berry flavored baby food
3 tbsp baking cocoa
4 oz water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the following together in a large bowl:
- Oat Flour
- Protein Powder
- Baking Soda
- Baking Cocoa
3. Mix the following together in a small bowl:
- Egg Whites
- Stevia in the Raw
- Baby Food
4. Combine the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl and mix together.
5. Spray 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray & add batter to the dish.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares
Serving size = 2 bars
Fat: 1.4 g
Carbs: 12 g
Protein: 10 g
He & She Tip: We bake ours for 23 minutes so they are "gooey" like brownies. Once the protein bars have cooled, separate them into Ziploc bags or Saran Wrap so you can grab-and-go! You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!
*Recipe from BodyBuilding.com. You can find it here.