A couple things I didn’t like about most juice recipes I saw were the lack of protein and the overuse of fruits to cancel out the bitter taste of the vegetables. Moreover, most of the recipes I saw did not add in any spices to enhance the flavor of the juice and incorporate their health-boosting effects. So, I decided to make my own recipe by adding in some pure organic hemp protein powder along with ginger, turmeric, and superfood powder all while cutting out the fructose. Needless to say, this juice offers a powerhouse of green, ph-balancing ingredients with tons of fiber and plenty of protein to help you feel full, build muscle, and burn fat.
By the way, we purchased the Vitamix on Amazon as our Christmas gift to each other back when it was on sale for around $360. I was very skeptical at first about spending that much on a blender, but I use it multiple times every day and it’s very versatile! All I have to do is throw everything in the blender and turn it on…I don’t have to cut things into smaller pieces like I did with our Ninja. It’s self-cleaning and comes with a 7-year warranty, so all things considered, it’s definitely worth it…I’ve probably already gotten my money’s worth out of it (and that’s tough for me to say since I’d consider myself pretty frugal)!
So, this recipe is based on using the Vitamix… if you have a juicer then you may have to modify the method just a bit.
Clean Eat Recipe: Scott’s Green Machine
Macros (per serving):
- Calories – 103
- Fat – 4 g
- Carbs – 16 g (4 g net carbs due to high fiber content)
- Fiber – 12 g
- Protein – 10 g
Great source of fiber, protein, potassium, zinc, magnesium, essential fatty acids (Omega 3-6-9), Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, bioflavanoids, probiotics, and antioxidants.
- 2 Cups Organic Spinach (or any green base such as kale – make sure it’s organic!)
- 1 Whole Tomato, cubed (preferably organic or green-house grown)
- 1/2 Lemon, peeled
- 1/4 Cup Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein
- 2 tsp Bragg’s Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Organic Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp Organic Turmeric (Curcumin)
- 1/2 scoop Amazing Grass Berry Green SuperFood
- 1 scoop Pure Stevia Extract
- 1 cup Water
Optional Ingredients (not included in the macros listed below):
- Throw all ingredients in Vitamix, add about 1 cup water and a few ice cubes.
- Turn Vitamix on variable power, speed 1 and gradually increase until all ingredients are blended.
- Then, turn Vitamix on high power and let juice for 30-60 seconds until mixture is in juice consistency.