These lovelies are just that – totally sweet with a little piece of fall! (Yeah… I know it isn’t fall, but that crisp air, the smell of campfires, leaves scattered on the ground, the smell of caramel apples – which I can’t eat, but I like the smell. Well, it takes me back! Let’s just go with it!) Adapted from Jamie Eason’s Low-Carb Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar recipe, these are totally scrumptious and won’t mess with your diet at all! Take a look at the recipe and the macros – they are divine!
Clean Eat Recipe: Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars
adapted from Jamie Eason’s Low-Carb Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar Recipe
Clean Eat Recipe :: Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars
- 4 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 c Stevia in the Raw
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 4 oz water
- 1 medium granny smith apple – grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a glass baking pan with olive oil spray to prevent sticking.
3. Combine the following ingredients in a bowl, whisking together to combine. Set aside.
- protein powder
- oat flour
- baking powder
- sea salt
4. Using another bowl, combine the following ingredients, whisking together to combine.
- egg whites
- Stevia in the Raw
- low-fat cottage cheese
5. Add wet ingredients (2nd bowl, step #4) to dry ingredients (1st bowl, step #3), whisking to combine.
6. Fold in grated apple and mix to combine.
7. Pour batter into glass baking pan.
8. Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes.
Makes 16 servings.
He & She Tips: Does it matter if I use a glass pan? Can I use a non-stick pan? YES! It does matter! For some reason, you get a much more cake-like consistency if you use a glass pan – trust us! Store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they do not have preservatives and will spoil if left out.