These lovelies are just that – totally sweet with a little piece of fall! Yeah… I know it isn’t fall, but that crisp air, the smell of campfires, leaves scattered on the ground, the smell of caramel apples – which I can’t eat, but I like the smell. Well, it takes me back! Let’s just go with it! These are totally scrumptious and won’t mess with your diet at all! Take a look at the recipe and the macros – they are divine!Print
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a glass baking pan with olive oil spray to prevent sticking.
3. Combine the following ingredients in a bowl, whisking together to combine. Set aside.
- protein powder
- oat flour
- baking powder
- sea salt
4. Using another bowl, combine the following ingredients, whisking together to combine.
- egg whites
- Stevia in the Raw
- low-fat cottage cheese
5. Add wet ingredients (2nd bowl, step #4) to dry ingredients (1st bowl, step #3), whisking to combine.
6. Fold in grated apple and mix to combine.
7. Pour batter into glass baking pan.
8. Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes.
- Does it matter if I use a glass pan? Can I use a non-stick pan? YES! It does matter! For some reason, you get a much more cake-like consistency if you use a glass pan – trust us!
- Store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they do not have preservatives and will spoil if left out.
- adapted from Jamie Eason’s Low-Carb Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar Recipe