APPLE CINNAMON PROTEIN BARS
These lovelies are just that – totally sweet with a little piece of fall… The crisp air, the smell of campfires, leaves scattered on the ground, and the smell of caramel apples. These are totally scrumptious and won’t mess with your diet at all. Take a look at the recipe and the macros – they are divine.
THINGS TO NOTE:
Does it matter if I use a glass pan? Can I use a non-stick pan? YES! It does matter! For some reason, you get a much more cake-like consistency if you use a glass pan – trust us!
Store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they do not have preservatives and will spoil if left out.
These were adapted from Jamie Eason’s Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars.
TRY THESE ADDITIONAL PROTEIN BAR RECIPES:
- Apple Pie Protein Bars
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
- Protein Bar Recipe with FOUR Ingredients
- Pumpkin Protein Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Spray a glass baking pan with olive oil spray to prevent sticking
3. Combine the following ingredients in a bowl, whisking together to combine. Set aside.
- protein powder
- oat flour
- baking powder
- sea salt
4. Using another bowl, combine the following ingredients, whisking together to combine:
- egg whites
- Stevia in the Raw
- low-fat cottage cheese
5. Add wet ingredients (2nd bowl, step #4) to dry ingredients (1st bowl, step #3), whisking to combine
6. Fold in grated apple and mix to combine
7. Pour batter into an 8X8 glass baking pan
8. Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes
Remember to store these in the refrigerator or freezer since they will spoil if left out (because they have no preservatives)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American