NOTE: Time is running out to join our She Sweats Winter Workout Challenge! Learn more here.
I’m loving sharing these quotes because they really make me think too. I’ve had a ton of quotes written down that I’ve wanted to share and I’m glad this gives me a place to share them! I just share whatever is on my mind, if you haven’t noticed. 😉 This quote is something that I’m trying to keep in mind. Tomorrow is never promised so we need to make the most of each day. This doesn’t mean that each day will be glorious but we should at least take the time to be thankful for at least one thing each day. Live today, don’t wait until tomorrow or the weekend or next month. Your life is RIGHT NOW.
Last week could be described as sitting waiting for car repairs. I took my car in for an oil change on Tuesday and ended up with hundreds of dollars of maintenance repairs (which were needed but I don’t take my car in that often since I don’t drive that much) and it took hours longer than I expected. Luckily, my amazing dad came up while I was waiting and we went and walked a few miles on a nearby trail. Then Saturday we had to take Scott’s car in and thankfully his was just the oil change! To add to all of the fun we had to have a plumber come out last week also.
The good news is our agent came over to take pictures of our house, which will be going up on the market next weekend! This required more purging and cleaning. Are you sensing a recent trend here? I still have no idea how we accumulated so much stuff in nine years. What makes it even worse is that I feel like ours isn’t nearly as bad as some people. I just think about all of the resources that went into the items that we bought but never use. From now on each purchase will be thought through and not just bought because it’s on sale or we think we “need” it. There are so many people out there in our own country and in other countries that could really benefit from just a fraction of what we have. It has felt good to donate so many items and I’ve been trying to find the best place for things to go to.
This week is VERY big for us so I’m excited to see what happens. I can’t share it yet but hopefully next week I can let you know what else has been going on around here. It’s HUGE!
I have two quotes this week. I love this one too. Our homes should not be a storage unit. They should contain the items that we truly love.
I shared a few tips on how to eat healthy on a budget yesterday. If you missed it, be sure to check it out here. I promise one of these days I’ll have my life together enough to take pictures of my meals and share those. I do post more meal photos on Snapchat (hesheeatclean) and Instagram (heandsheeatclean), so be sure to check them out there!
Grocery Shopping (keep in mind that we don’t “use” all of these items in one week):
- Costco: $141.05
- Avocados $6.49
- Cottage Cheese $4.99
- Lemons $6.99
- Frozen Pesticide Free Blueberries $11.89
- Mighty Greens Juice $6.69 (on sale)
- Organic Salsa $7.69
- Organic Kale $4.49
- Pistachios $14.99
- Cage Free Liquid Egg Whites $8.99
- Cage Free Eggs (5 dozen) $8.59
- Ground Bison $19.99
- Wild Tuna $14.99
- Tomatoes $5.99
- Cucumbers $3.99
- Almond Butter $7.99
- Publix: $12.12
- Spring Water $0.87
- Sweet Potatoes $2.90
- Avocados $8.00
- Whole Foods: $4.15
- Baking Powder ($1.79)
- Baking Soda ($.99)
- Apple ($1.37)
- Whole Foods: $33.35
- 2 salads w/ chicken, blue cheese, onion, dried cranberries
- 5 wings
- Tuna avocado roll w/ brown rice/quinoa
- Runa tea
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (ingredients from Publix and Costco)
- Bison Burgers (ingredients from Costco)
- Zesty Grilled Chicken (ingredients from Publix)
- Zesty Grilled Onion (ingredients from Costco)
- Sweet-Sweet Potato Cubes (ingredients from Publix)
- Quinoa (Costco)
- Monday: Faster class (speed & agility work) + Arms + 10 min incline on treadmill
- Tuesday: 2 mile walk with dad + Legs + 10 min stairclimber
- Wednesday: OFF – 3 mile walk + Yoga
- Thursday: 1 mile walk + Chest/Shoulders + 10 min incline cardio (6.0 incline 3.6 mph)
- Friday: 1 mile walk + 3.4 mile run/walk + Back
- Saturday: Legs + 20 min incline treadmill + 10 min stairclimber
- Sunday: 20 min incline treadmill/sprints + 15 min stairclimber
* I’m glad that I spent time last week outside since this past weekend we had torrential downpours!
Items We Sold (total $298.27):
- Disney DVDs (Facebook yard sale group): $90
- Baseball Cards (mixed box – Facebook yard sale group): $50
- Sporting Goods (eBay): $120
- Shoes (eBay): $38.27
Items We Donated:
- Garden supplies
Until next week, have a good one! Let us know if you ever have any questions or comments! I’ve loved hearing from you about the updates! Click here to read all of our updates.
Leave a Reply