Our lives are busy. We barely have time for each other and all of the tasks that annoyingly cloud our to-do lists. Some of us even make a list to make lists! Why not take a little bit of time to slow cook a pot of crock pot black bean and sweet potato chili. Chances are, it will be ready when you are!Print
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb turkey breast, ground
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse grind pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cup water
1. Put vegetables and beans in the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Layer ground turkey breast, spices, seasoning and water.
3. Place lid on crockpot and cook on low for eight hours.
4. Carefully remove lid and stir chili. Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Replace lid, cook for an additional 20-30 minutes on low. Serve.
If you are pressed for time, 1 hr on high equals 2 hours on low.