HEALTHY CHICKEN CHILI
This recipe for Healthy Chicken Chili is the perfect recipe for cool fall and winter nights! We typically make a large batch during meal prep and then eat it for lunch or dinner during the week.
You can make this recipe in the crockpot or just cook it on the stovetop and let it simmer. You can also brown the meat before adding to the crockpot or make it even easier by throwing it all in there without doing any prior work.
MORE CHILI RECIPES:Print
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2–4 oz cans of diced green chilies
- 1–15 oz can of black beans (drain)
- 1–15 oz can of kidney beans (drain)
- 2–14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 Tbsp regular mustard
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 cup chicken broth if you want it with more liquid than chunky chili
- Toppings: cilantro, green onion, cottage cheese
- Brown meat with onions and garlic in a large pot. Cook until no longer pink.
- Place meat in crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Place on “low heat” for desired time (we prefer around 2 hours since the meat is already cooked).
- To make without a crock pot: Brown the meat in a large pan and then add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes (until beans are cooked through).
- No fuss crockpot: Add all ingredients to the slow cooker (you can break up the ground chicken if you prefer) and set on low for 8 hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American