We eat chili year-round but especially love it during the fall and winter months! Warm up with this Southwest Style Bison Chili – pair it with quinoa for a perfect, filling meal!
Clean Eat Recipe: Southwest Style Bison Chili with Quinoa
- 2 lbs organic ground bison
- 1.5 cups onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 5 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup organic frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 3 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cilantro, to taste
1. Cook quinoa as listed on the package. This usually involves bringing the quinoa, chicken broth, and water to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
2. Cook bison meat and onion until cooked through. Drain if necessary.
3. Add remaining ingredients (except cilantro) and cook on medium heat until peppers are tender. Turn heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Once ready to serve add a serving of quinoa to the bison chili and enjoy!
Makes 8 servings.
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.