SOUTHWEST STYLE BISON CHILI WITH QUINOA
We eat chili year-round but especially love it during the fall and winter months! Warm up with this Southwest Style Bison Chili - pair it with quinoa for a perfect, filling meal. This chili can be made on the stove or in the crockpot or Instant Pot!
MORE CHILI AND SOUP RECIPES TO TRY
- Turkey Black Bean Chili with Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Taco Soup with Ranch
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Bison Chili (in the Instant Pot)
- Crockpot Jambalaya
- Chicken and Kale Soup
- 2 lbs organic ground bison
- 1.5 cups onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 5 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup organic frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 3 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cilantro, to taste
- Cook quinoa as listed on the package. This usually involves bringing the quinoa, chicken broth, and water to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook bison meat and onion until cooked through. Drain if necessary.
- Add remaining ingredients (except cilantro) and cook on medium heat until peppers are tender. Turn heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once ready to serve add a serving of quinoa to the bison chili and enjoy!
- This can also be made in an Instant Pot:
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic for approximately 5 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and press chili button on the Instant Pot
- Once finished, stir and serve
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican