I was hoping to mix up my meals a little bit and shock my taste buds from my traditional clean meals of salsa chicken and I did just that! This is an AWESOME recipe because it has all of your nutrients packed into one – protein, carbs and a small amount of healthy fat from the chicken.
You may also be interested in:Print
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, thawed, excess fat removed
- 1/2 cup diced fresh green bell pepper
- 2 cups finely diced fresh celery
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh yellow onion
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 6-oz can organic tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP cajun seasoning (we used Tony Chachere’s but you can also make your own seasoning)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb uncooked wild-caught shrimp, fresh, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups brown rice
- Combine chicken breasts, bell pepper, celery, onion, tomatoes, paste, broth, garlic, seasoning and salt into large, 6-quart crockpot or slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for approximately 6 hours or high heat for approximately 3 hours. Stir intermittently if needed.
- Add rice and shrimp to slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cook on low for 2 additional hours or high for 1 hour.