This Crockpot Jambalaya Soup can be made with shrimp, chicken, and/or sausage (or mix them all together!)! Throw it all in the crockpot and have a hearty and delicious meal.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, thawed, excess fat removed
- 1 lb uncooked wild-caught shrimp, fresh, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1/2 cup diced fresh green bell pepper
- 2 cups finely diced fresh celery
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh yellow onion
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 6-oz can organic tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TBSP Cajun seasoning (we used Tony Chachere’s but you can also make your own seasoning)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Combine chicken breasts, bell pepper, celery, onion, tomatoes, paste, broth, garlic, seasoning and salt into large, 6-quart crockpot or slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for approximately 6 hours or high heat for approximately 3 hours. Stir intermittently if needed.
- Add rice and shrimp to slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cook on low for 2 additional hours or high for 1 hour.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: jambalaya, Cajun, Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, spicy