A good friend of ours shared this great, clean jambalaya recipe from Oxygen Magazine. Try it out – it is delicious! We doubled the recipe so that we would have leftovers to eat the next day.
You may also be interested in:
Clean Eat Recipe: Quinoa Jambalaya
- Olive Oil (just to coat the pan)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Zucchini, chopped
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Chicken Sausage, sliced (we use Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup of Dry Quinoa
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth (no salt or reduced sodium)
- 1 28 oz can of Diced Tomatoes (we used fire roasted)
- 1/2 lb of Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Sea Salt & Pepper
1. Saute onion, zucchini, bell peppers, garlic, & sausage in a pan for 5 minutes (you will need a large pan!).
2. Add the quinoa & stir. Cook 2 minutes.
3. Add broth & tomatoes & bring to a boil. Reduce heat & cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add shrimp & cover to simmer again. Simmer for 5-10 minutes (or until the shrimp are cooked through).
5. Add sea salt & pepper to taste.
Optional Toppings: Green Onion