This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites. The opinions and text are all mine.
I can't believe it was April when we shared our last Ladder Workout Challenge and Banana-Blueberry Oatmeal Recipe! I feel like I say it all the time but time FLIES! We're back with a new workout and new recipe! Let's start with the workout...
This style of workout is tabata style. Tabata training is a great way to get your heart rate up quickly and then recover. You will do each exercise for 20 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds. There are four circuits and if you repeat each one eight times this is a 32-minute workout. If you can't make it through eight rounds of each circuit, start with just doing four rounds for a 16-minute workout. This is your workout so you choose how you want to complete it. Make sure you push yourself but also use proper form. Safety first!
Most of the exercises you already know how to do but below are a few explanations if you need a little guidance.
- Squat with your hands on the ground in front of you
- Kick your feet back into plank position
- Do a push-up (if you are up for the challenge!)
- Quickly return to the squat position
- Jump as high as you can as you stand back up
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Lower into a squat position
- Jump quickly straight up into the air
- When you land, lower back into the squat position
- Land quietly and softly
Planks (also check out this post!):
- Get into push-up position. Lower onto your elbows.
- With your knees and arms around shoulder-width apart hold this position as long as possible with good form.
- Your shoulders should be in line with your elbows.
- Engage your core by drawing your stomach in, careful not to sag or bend your bottom.
Now that you've worked up an appetite, it's time for a post-workout meal to help you recover! After my workouts, I always stretch and eat! I threw this shake together with things that we already had in our pantry! We always have AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites on hand because we use them for scrambled eggs, baking, and for adding to protein shakes! AllWhites are a convenient, fat-free, cholesterol-free and low-calorie source of lean protein. They are very convenient to use when you don't want or need to use whole eggs. The best part is that they are pasteurized for safety so you CAN use them uncooked (in protein shakes, for example!).
Brownie Batter Protein Shake
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3 Tbsp AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- Stevia or sweetener of your choice
Directions: Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend. Enjoy! :)
Ready for a fun giveaway that, if you win, will get you set up with a personal smoothie blender AND a SPIbelt running belt?! All you have to do is comment on this post to win. Let us know how you use liquid egg whites or how you plan on incorporating them into your meals.
** Open to US citizens only - 18 or older. Open to men and women. Winner will be selected using random.org. Leave your comment by 11:59 EST on September 1, 2017 in order to be eligible.
Connect with AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites: