Summer is slowly coming to a close and it’s time to squeeze in the last of your outdoor BBQs and picnics while the weather is still good. Every good BBQ should include a quality mustard – why not make it 100% natural? French’s Mustard is made with only the highest quality, stone ground, #1 grade, whole mustard seeds and select herbs and spices (including turmeric), French’s is 100% natural, gluten free and kosher … and it has 0 calories. Unlike some mustards, there’s nothing artificial. No preservatives, fillers or thickeners. Perfect for your eat clean meals (and cheat meals)!
These #NaturallyAmazing Mustard Dipped Onion Rings really are delicious! The tangy flavor of the farm-grown, whole mustard seeds drives delicious while the oat flour and spices add the perfect crunch. Best of all, they are baked – not fried! (Hey, what do you expect from us?!!) Here’s the recipe:
1 yellow or Vidalia onion, large
½ c French’s 100% Natural Mustard
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1 c gluten-free oat flour
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP black pepper
1 TBSP baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet lined in foil.
2. Prepare onions by peeling onion and cutting in a “ring” fashion. Separate onion rings once cut and set to the side.
3. Combine French’s 100% Natural Mustard, egg and apple cider vinegar in a bowl, whisking to combine.
4. In an additional bowl, combine Gluten-Free Oat Flour, garlic powder, black pepper, baking soda and sea salt.
5. Dip your onion into the mustard mixture, being sure to coat the onion entirely.
6. Dredge the onion into the flour mixture, combining thoroughly.
7. Repeat steps 5-6 and place on baking sheet.
8. Bake onions at 350 degrees F for approximately 17-20 minutes until golden brown.
For more mustard recipes, check out French’s new Pinterest page, where they share delicious summer recipes, backyard BBQ ideas, kitchen hacks, cooking tips and all things mustard. There are some amazing recipes that you can create using the mustard that are already considered “clean” or can easily be cleaned up to meet your dietary restrictions. Just because you eat clean doesn’t mean you sacrifice flavor!
Check out our Pinterest page too!
Do you have a favorite mustard recipe that French’s 100% Natural Mustard would be perfect for?
This post has been sponsored by French's. All opinions are 100% ours.