These Mustard Dipped Onion Rings really are delicious! The tangy flavor of the farm-grown, whole mustard seeds drives delicious while the oat flour and spices add the perfect crunch. Best of all, they are baked – not fried.
- 1 yellow or Vidalia onion, large
- ½ c French’s 100% Natural Mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 c gluten-free oat flour
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP black pepper
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet lined in foil.
- Prepare onions by peeling the onion and cutting in a “ring” fashion. Separate onion rings once cut and set to the side.
- Combine mustard, egg and apple cider vinegar in a bowl, whisking to combine.
- In an additional bowl, combine Gluten-Free Oat Flour, garlic powder, black pepper, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Dip your onion into the mustard mixture, being sure to coat the onion entirely.
- Dredge the onion into the flour mixture, combining thoroughly.
- Repeat steps 5-6 and place on baking sheet.
- Bake onions at 350 degrees F for approximately 17-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American