MUSTARD BAKED ONION RINGS
Summer is slowly coming to a close and it’s time to squeeze in the last of your outdoor BBQs and picnics while the weather is still good. Every good BBQ should include a quality mustard – why not make it 100% natural? French’s Mustard is made with only the highest quality, stone ground, #1 grade, whole mustard seeds, and select herbs and spices (including turmeric), French’s is 100% natural, gluten-free and kosher… and it has 0 calories. Unlike some mustards, there’s nothing artificial. No preservatives, fillers or thickeners. Perfect for your eat clean meals (and cheat meals)!
These Mustard Dipped Onion Rings really are delicious. The tangy flavor of the farm-grown, whole mustard seeds drives delicious while the oat flour and spices add the perfect crunch. Best of all, they are baked – not fried! (Hey, what do you expect from us?!!)
Just because you eat clean doesn’t mean you sacrifice flavor!
ONION RINGS PAIR PERFECTLY WITH THESE RECIPES:
This was originally a sponsored post by French's, published on August 14, 2014.Print
These Mustard Dipped Onion Rings really are delicious. The tangy flavor of the farm-grown, whole mustard seeds drives delicious while the oat flour and spices add the perfect crunch. Best of all, they are baked – not fried.
- 1 yellow or Vidalia onion, large
- ½ cup French’s 100% Natural Mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP black pepper
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baked sheet with aluminum foil
- Prepare onions by peeling the onion and cutting in a “ring” fashion. Separate onion rings once cut and set to the side.
- Combine mustard, egg and apple cider vinegar in a bowl, whisking to combine
- In an additional bowl, combine Gluten-Free Oat Flour, garlic powder, black pepper, baking soda, and sea salt
- Dip your onion into the mustard mixture, being sure to coat the onion entirely
- Dredge the onion into the flour mixture, combining thoroughly
- Repeat steps 5-6 and place on baking sheet
- Bake for approximately 17-20 minutes until golden brown
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American