Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
2 lbs ground turkey (we use ground chicken BREASTS)
3 egg whites
1 cup of quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dry yellow mustard
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chipotle pepper spice (we could only find this at Whole Foods)
2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves, minced)
2 celery stalks, finely chopped (approx 1 cup)
1 small onion, finely chopped (approx 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with foil (Jamie uses muffin tins but they get very messy!).
3. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Roll the mixture into balls & place on your baking sheet or in your muffin tin.
5. Bake for 40 minutes (This may vary depending on your oven. I would suggest using a meat thermometer to ensure your meat is fully cooked).
Makes 12 muffins
Men: 4 muffins
Women: 2 muffins
He & She Tip: Watch Jamie make these muffins in the video here. She gives a lot of good tips!
Gluten Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Quick Cooking Oats as an alternative
*Recipe from BodyBuilding.com. You can find it here.