This 30-Day Planksgiving Challenge will work your entire body but more specifically your core and arms, sometimes with a little cardio thrown in. We’ll also be adding in a thanks and giving challenge each day too!
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Enter our Fall She Sweats 12-Week Transformation Challenge. This has been a crazy, emotional, & stressful year. If you have been slacking on your workouts now is a great time to join our Transformation Challenge & meet your goals BEFORE the new year!
Ready for a 30-day challenge full of planks, thanks, and giving? Join us each day from November 1 through November 30 for three different challenges!
We’re changing Thanksgiving to Planksgiving for this fun 30-day challenge. When you join us for this challenge, for the month of November, each day we will all be doing a plank, giving, and thanking.
You can find all of the challenges at the end of this article so that you can print them off if you choose (print off two copies of the blank challenge: one for thanks and one for giving). Let’s start with the plank challenge:
For the plank challenge, a different plank is listed each day for 30 days. You will hold (or do) each plank for 30 seconds to start. If you are more advanced, the next time you have that same type of plank try to double your time. If you are a beginner try adding 10 seconds each time you see that same plank listed again.
When you see COMBO you will be completing a combo of planks. This means that you will do each type of plank that you have been working on (for a total of 7 different planks).
- Standard Plank
- Side Plank
- Knee to Elbow Plank
- Low to High Plank
- Plank Side Walk
- Mountain Climbers
- Plank Jacks
Read more about the different types of planks here.
This giving part of the challenge is to give each day during the month of November. This challenge doesn’t have to include a large investment of time or money (unless you want it to!). Be creative here. Below are a few general ideas.
- Volunteer (animal shelter, food pantry, hospital)
- Donate money (you could donate a small amount each day to a different charity as your challenge or donate one day as one challenge)
- Donate clothes, household items, coats, towels
- Call or visit someone important to you
- Visit a children’s hospital or nursing home (might not be a viable option for 2020!)
- Send a card
- Donate a turkey to a needy family for their Thanksgiving meal
- Tip more than normal
- Celebrate your family Thanksgiving on a different day and volunteer to serve others on Thanksgiving Day.
- Spend a few hours at your local animal shelter. Take the dogs on a walk and play with the cats.
Write down something you are thankful for each day (no matter how small).
Don’t forget to print off two blank challenges (one for your giving notes & one to jot down what you are thankful for).
ADDITIONAL CHALLENGES TO TRY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON:
- Thanksgiving Day to New Year’s Day Workout Challenge
- Healthy Through the Holidays Challenge
- November Workouts
- December Workouts