This Healthy Egg Salad is easy to make, tastes delicious, and is a healthier version of the classic egg salad.
Clean Eating Healthy Egg Salad
This healthy egg salad will wow everyone in your family, even those hard-to-please “I don’t like healthy food” people. We all have some of those, right?! You don’t even need to tell them this is a “lightened up” version.
This recipe can be made during meal prep and will provide a healthy lunch or dinner for the entire family. It really does taste great leftover (I think it tastes even better the next day)!
It’s also the perfect main or side dish to take to your next cookout! Eat it plain, on a piece of toasted sprouted bread (we love Ezekiel Sprouted Bread and Angelic Sprouted Bread), in a wrap, or top a rice cake with a few spoonfuls.
Tips to Lighten Up Your Egg Salad
- Replace traditional mayonnaise with a combination of Greek yogurt and Avocado Mayo – doing this will save you many calories and grams of fat! We use Greek yogurt in our very popular Clean Eating Chicken Salad recipe without sacrificing any flavor and the same goes for this Clean Eating Egg Salad recipe.
- Use a combination of whole eggs and egg whites. You can choose how many of each you use, for this recipe we used 5 whole eggs and 7 egg whites for a total of 12 eggs.
Options for Quick and Easy Boiled Eggs
We are boiled egg pros 😉 and we have options for you to become one too! Use one of our tried and true boiling egg methods below:
- How to boil eggs using the stovetop (old school!)
- How to boil eggs in the oven
- How to boil eggs in the Instant Pot
This egg salad is easy to make, tastes delicious, and is a healthier version of the classic egg salad.
- 12 boiled eggs (you will be using 7 egg whites and 5 whole eggs), cubed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup plain Organic Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP avocado mayo
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Boil eggs using your preferred method (here’s an article to help on How to Boil Eggs)
- Place 2-3 dill pickles in a blender and blend until the desired size is reached
- Wash and chop red onion and celery
- Combine Greek yogurt, avocado mayo, and diced vegetables
- Once eggs are cooled, cut into small cubes and add to Greek yogurt mixture
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American