TIME. What a wonderful TIME of year to talk about time. Right? This time of year is so busy and jam-packed with events, shopping, and decorating on top of everything else that still needs to be taken care of like you, your family, pets, etc. It’s a stressful time of year but it doesn’t have to be that way. Yep, we said it. It doesn’t have to be stressful! Let us give you some ideas to detox your time.
Every month, but this month especially, you should be spending time doing things you want to do and not just things that you have to do.
WONDERING WHAT ALL OF THIS DETOX STUFF IS ALL ABOUT?
Take a look at the concept behind our Detox Your Life Challenge here.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Check our disclosure policy for more details.
SO, WHAT WILL WE BE WORKING ON THIS MONTH?
Last month for our Detox Your Sleep Challenge, our goals were to:
- Make our room a “no phone zone” (negative – I’ve spent almost an hour each day looking at the animals that have been rescued from the fires in California. 🙁 On the other hand, Scott has been very good about reading/studying his photography book before bed.)
- Order a new air filter for our allergy pro (check!)
- Get at least 7.5 hours of sleep (check!)
- Use NOW Peaceful Sleep Essential Oil Blend (we LOVE this stuff! >> check!)
- Gentle yoga before bed (sometimes)
We are out of town for 9 days in December and then we have the holidays so our month is pretty hectic but we will try our best to Detox Our Time along with you!
Our goals this month:
- Track our “downtime” — how much time do we spend surfing the internet? watching TV?
- Use our time “gaps” wisely — listen to podcasts while driving, flying, or cleaning and resist the urge to scroll through social
- Only say “yes” to things that we truly want to do
Need more ideas for yourself? Try these:
- Get a blank calendar and write in your commitments for the month then only commit to the ones you truly want to attend
- Learn to say NO!
- Saying “no” doesn’t mean that you are a bad person
- Do a smartphone detox/digital detox – claim back the time you spend scrolling!
- If you can afford it, hire out some of your tasks like cleaning or make your kids help with more chores around the house
- Declutter your home – sounds weird but it will make you feel so much better! The less stuff you have the less stuff you have to keep up with and clean.
- While we are on the topic of decluttering, track your spending habits AND how long shopping takes this month – shopping takes up a lot of time!
- Have errands to run? Run them all at the same time.
NEED TO WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS WITH PEN AND PAPER?
We do too! We have a simple printable for you! You can print it in color or black and white and then just fill in whatever notes or goals you need to jot down. Get it here.
Reminder: Make sure you are signed up for the Detox Your Life Challenge emails so that you know when a new challenge is released or we have something fun to give you like a new printable!
Up for another detox challenge? We have plenty to choose from:
- Detox Your Fitness
- Detox Your Money
- Detox Your Nutrition
- Detox Your Home
- Detox Your Body
- Detox Your Digital Life
- Detox Your Brain
- Detox Your Relationships
- Detox Your Stress
- Detox Your Office/Workspace
- Detox Your Sleep
- Detox Your Time – that’s this one! 🙂