This month's Detox Your Brain Challenge might be a little easier since you are coming off of last months Detox Your Digital Life Challenge! But before we get started with a new challenge let's talk about last months.
Last month for our Detox Your Digital Life Challenge, our goals were to:
- Smartphone detox (check!)
- Cleaning up computers of files, photos, etc that we don’t need to free up space (nope)
- Cleaning up smartphones of files, photos, etc that we don’t need to free up space (somewhat)
- Spend VERY little time on social media. We haven’t really put a number on this yet but will definitely be dramatically decreasing our social media use. (check!)
Again, just because a new month is upon us doesn’t mean that we are going to completely forget about our previous goals. We will continue with our previous goals and simultaneously move forward with our new goals!
WONDERING WHAT ALL OF THIS DETOX STUFF IS ALL ABOUT?
Take a look at the concept behind our Detox Your Life Challenge here.
SO, WHAT WILL WE BE WORKING ON THIS MONTH?
When we talk about detoxing your brain we are talking about your thoughts. We've gone into detail in prior posts regarding having a positive outlook and how the way you talk to yourself matters but now it's time to actually put it into action.
- Stop the negative self-talk
- Limit time on social media (we will be using the ideas from the Smartphone Detox)
- Limit time watching TV (we typically only watch the Cubs games but it's good to put this one down on paper!)
A few other ideas:
- Say at least one nice thing about yourself each morning
- Avoiding judging or critiquing others
- Stop comparing yourself to others
CHECK OUT THESE ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
NEED TO WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS WITH PEN AND PAPER?
We do too! We have a simple printable for you! You can print it in color or black and white and then just fill in whatever notes or goals you need to jot down. Get it here.
Reminder: Make sure you are signed up for the Detox Your Life Challenge emails so that you know when a new challenge is released or we have something fun to give you like a new printable!
We’ll come back here to update the links as we post for each month:
- January – Detox Your Fitness
- February – Detox Your Money
- March – Detox Your Nutrition
- April – Detox Your Home
- May – Detox Your Body
- June – Detox Your Digital Life
- July – Detox Your Brain
- August – Detox Your Relationships
- September – Detox Your Office/Workspace
- November – Detox Your Sleep
- December – Detox Your Time