My two favorite things – strawberries and pancakes! I know we have quite a few pancake recipes on the blog (5 to be exact, this makes 6), but who doesn’t love light pink fluffy goodness! These babies are obviously clean and gluten-free so don’t be afraid to whip some up! How much fun would these be to make for yourself and your family on Valentine’s day?
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
Makes approximately 15 – 3″ diameter pancakes.
Serving size is approximately 5 pancakes.
Macros (per serving)
- Calories: 282
- Carbs: 43g
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 5g
- 7 medium strawberries, stems removed and quartered
- 2 TBSP water
- 1 1/4 c gluten-free oat flour
- 2/3 c unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 c coconut milk (you could also substitute original, unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 c unsweetened, plain 2% greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries and water on medium to medium-low heat and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking or burning of strawberries.
- Cook strawberries for 4-5 minutes until strawberries are very soft and begin to break down, resembling strawberry jam.
- Meanwhile, combine dry and wet ingredients (in the second list) in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Remove strawberries from heat and using a fork or a potato masher, gently mash the strawberries.
- Combine strawberries with pancake mix (step 3).
- Cook pancakes as you would normally on a griddle or stovetop.